Like any area of health care, dentistry has benefited from new technologies. These advances have resulted in faster, more efficient treatment and significant improvements in patient comfort. At Dental Care 4 Kids we are committed to offering the latest innovations in dental treatments and technology to help us create a positive experience for your child.
Digital radiography is a form of X-ray imaging where digital X-ray sensors are used instead of traditional photographic film X-ray images. Faster and easier than conventional X-rays, they offer the ability to digitally transfer and enhance images of problem areas on a computer screen next to the patient’s chair, allowing for better detection and patient education.
Digital X-rays reduces radiation by 90%. Digital x-rays do not require harmful toxic chemicals for film development and eliminate the use of plastic film packets. X-rays allow us to:
- Find decay and abnormalities between teeth and below the gum line
- Monitor the effects of periodontal (gum) conditions
- Evaluate the jaw bone and the position of your teeth
- Monitor areas of concern before they become a problem
- Detect any growths or abnormalities in the jawbone that may be a sign of something more serious
- Get a complete picture of your child’s teeth in relation to each other and their mouth (both inside and out)
Children tend to have a sensitive airway, it is best to keep your child on an empty stomach if they will need x-rays.